Financial Controller-High growth eCommerce
About the company and who we are:
divbrands is a global, location-independent e-commerce company. We build "glocalised", data-based D2C brands on ‘impulse’ performance channels. We believe that Global online shopping behavior is in constant flux. The way we create and consume creative content is changing. Creativity is changing, and it is changing the way we do business. Today’s digital users aren’t conscious of how their content consumption or shopping behavior changes over time. Their habits evolve through impulse, driven by new software, platforms, and global circumstances. E-commerce brands need to be in conversation with shoppers, constantly changing to meet them where they are at.
As such, we don’t create brands based on assumptions. We create brand hypotheses based on data. Our mission is to run as many hypothesis iterations as we can in order to achieve the most satisfying e-commerce experience for today's users, wherever they are.
About the role in a nutshell:
We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller, to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation for our international group of companies, which includes a main Swiss company, two American companies and one Slovak company.
The Controllers responsibilities will also include financial risk management and staying on top of regulation changes that may affect the company.
Common duties Include:
- Produce monthly reports of Profit and Loss and Cash-flow
- Consolidate group accounting for all companies in one currency
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics (cash-flow, refund rates)
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Proactively suggest improvements to management based on data
- Coordinate with the bookkeeping providers to deliver timely and accurate information for the internal reports
- Continuously Improve internal reporting processes and efficiency
Compliance & filling
- Coordinate yearly filings and tax declarations with our partner fiduciary and tax lawyers
- Coordinate quarterly VAT filling for Swiss company
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Monitor changes in regulations that may impact our companies
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with owning & improving management reporting processes
- Practical knowledge of Swiss VAT declarations is desired (but not a must if you can learn it or have done similar ones before).
- Ideally advanced German language skills (can understand written German)
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Advanced degree or informal education in Accounting (preferred)
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with international ecommerce or retail company is desired (we do bulk accounting)
- Comfortable working with cloud-based accounting software and Google G-Suite